- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
As one of the main benefits of administering option values list, Advanced Select List custom field brings you the posibility to import the values into your instance of ConfluenceJIRA, what might be useful, if you administer your values by another system. This can be done by importing CSV type text file or by importing the values through the REST service. This chapter describes the CSV file import. Refer to the sub-themes for details and the REST service import.
The values you import to your custom filed field option list are subject to few validations, that should keep your data integrity and custom field correct usability. For example, you cannot import wrong values of Valid From and Valid To fields (Valid To > Valid From). Check chapter Imported Values Validations for details.
To understand a CSV import file structure, please see the specification.
The REST service import proces is described at chapter Importing via REST service,including the object format specification.
To import values via CSV file, follow next steps:
- Go to the Configure Options form.
- Notice the Add new option section of the form. Here you can also manually add your values. But let's focus on the CSV file.
- Click the Add button next to Add new values from CSV file. New dialog appears.
Fig.: Add new values from CSV file dialog
- Now fill in the fields, check the following table:
|File Encoding||Encoding of the CSV file.||default: UTF-8|
|CSV Delimiter||Delimiter used in CSV file.|
note: turn coma sign into semicolon to meet our CSV file specification
|Date format||Date format used in CSV file.|
note: do not change the date format to meet our CSV file specification
|CSV file||Use the Browse button to locate your file for import.|
- Click Add button at the dialog bottom. The confirmation dialog appears.
- Click Confirm button if you are satisfied with the options list stated. Back button would move you step backwards.
Fig.: Import confirmation dialog
- Now you can see all your newly imported option at the values list. It is added at it's end. You can change the order of values by clicking the up and down arrow icon at every row of the tab.
- Click Save at bottom of the form to save values into database.
Fig.: Configure options form